The 8th Computer Science Education Research Conference (CSERC '19)
The Computer Science Education Research Conference (CSERC) is an international forum for researchers with interests in educational aspects of all computing disciplines including computer science, computer engineering, software engineering, and information systems. It embraces a broad view of the current and future trends in computing education and aspires to be a lively environment for presenting the latest research and empirical results.
Submissions to CSERC 2019 might cover, but are not limited to, the following topics:
- Specific educational subject matter, such as programming, database systems, computer security, and modelling
- Particular educational innovations, such as MOOCs, flipped-classroom, game-based education, and E-Learning
- Specific groups of students, such as first years, women, masters students, minorities, impaired students
- Broader topics, such as curriculum, group-work, assessment, class infrastructure
Original and unpublished submissions in all areas related to computing education are invited in the following categories:
- Research Paper: Reporting theoretical or theoretically-informed empirical studies undertaken to investigate a specific aspect or address a particular problem in computing education
- Experience Report: Describing a classroom innovation and an evaluation of its impact
- Software Report: Describing developed tools for supporting teaching, learning or assessment in computing education
Types of accepted submissions include:
- Full Paper (approximately 12 pages)
- Practical Report (about 6 pages)
- Poster (2 pages)
- Templates for submissions can be found at the ACM SIG Proceedings website
- Papers can be submitted using EasyChair
- Documents proposed for conference presentation should be high quality, unpublished, original work and submitted online
- The official language of the conference is English
Review Process and Publication
- Papers submitted for presentation at the conference are reviewed by the international program committee. The authors of the reviewed submissions will receive constructive feedback provided by CSERC program committee.
- Authors of papers presented at the conference will produce a final version of the paper, which takes into account the discussions that were held during the conference.
- The final versions of the papers accepted for presentation at CSERC’19 will be published in the ACM Digital library.
- At least one co-author of every accepted paper must register for the event and present the paper.
- Abstract submission: Monday June 3rd 2019
- Paper submission deadline: Sunday June 30th 2019
- Notification of paper acceptance: Friday 30 August 2019
- Author registration: Friday 13 September 2019
- Early (non-author) registration: Friday 18 October 2019
- Submission of camera ready papers taking reviewer comments in consideration: Thursday 19 December 2019
- Submission of paper final versions: Friday 10 January 2020
Co-location with ISSEP 2019
CSERC’19 co-locates with the 12th International Conference on Informatics in Schools: Situation, Evolution and Perspectives (ISSEP 2019). ISSEP is a forum for researchers and practitioners in the area of Informatics education, in both primary and secondary schools. It provides an opportunity for educators to reflect upon the goals and objectives of this subject matter, its curricula and various teaching/learning paradigms and topics, possible connections to everyday life and various ways of developing Informatics Education in schools. Combining CSERC and ISSEP provides a unique opportunity for educational researchers and practitioners to get a broad and comprehensive overview of educational research initiatives taking place at primary and secondary schools as well as higher education.
- Program Chair
Ebrahim Rahimi, Open University, The Netherlands
- Program Co-Chair
Dave Stikkelourum, University of Leiden, The Netherlands
- Event Chair (or: Organising Chair)
George A. Papadopoulos, University of Cyprus, Cyprus
- Web Master
Evert van de Vrie, Open Universiteit, The Netherlands