The 7th Computer Science Education Research Conference
Date: 10 – 12 October 2018
Location: Saint-Petersburg, Russia
The Computer Science Education Research Conference (CSERC) is an international forum for researchers with interests in all aspects of computer science education. It embraces a broad view of current and future trends in computer science education and aspires to be a lively environment for presenting the latest research results. It convenes yearly with a fitting international conference in the field of computer science.
Papers presented at CSERC will normally address aspects of computing education, that is, the education of students who are studying computer science, computer engineering, software engineering, information systems and other related areas.
CSERC 2018 will accept paper submissions within the domain of computing education, papers might cover:
- specific educational subject matter, such as programming, database systems, or computer security
- specific groups of students, such as first years, masters students, women, minorities, etc.
- broader topics, such as curriculum, group-work, or class infrastructure
Types of paper accepted might include:
- experience reports describing a classroom innovation and an assessment of its impact
- software reports describing tools developed for learning or assessment in computing
- research reports describing projects undertaken to investigate aspects of computing education
Colocation in Russia
In 2018 CSERC co-locates with the 11th International Conference on Informatics in Schools: Situation, Evolution and Perspectives (ISSEP 2018) hosted by Saint-Petersburg Electrotechnical University "LETI", Saint-Petersburg, Russia . ISSEP is a forum for researchers and practitioners in the area of Informatics education, in both primary and secondary schools. It provides an opportunity for educators to reflect upon the goals and objectives of this subject matter, its curricula and various teaching/learning paradigms and topics, possible connections to everyday life and various ways of developing Informatics Education in schools.