Task 1 Wadden Sea Case
Watch the video from Zembla about the Wadden Sea (38 minutes, in Dutch) and write down for yourself answers on the questions below.
For non-Dutch speakers, please see these English language videos:
- What is the problem according to whom?
- What different experts ('knowledge holders') are involved and why? What kind of knowledge do they supply to the policy process?
- What are the uncertainties? What stakes are involved? And what are the conflicts?
- Who decides? What parties / persons are 'in charge'?
- What is your own opinion about the role of the various experts in this process?
Make sure you first try to answer the questions for yourself before looking at the feedback.
> Task 2 Lecture Susan Owens 'Environment, Knowledge and Politics'