Call for papers
The Computer Science Education Research Conference (CSERC) is an international forum for researchers with interests in all aspects of computer science education. It embraces a broad view of current and future trends in computer science education and aspires to be a lively environment for presenting the latest research results. The CSERC Series started in 2011 in Heerlen (the Netherlands). It was followed by meetings in Wroclaw (2012), Nijmegen (2013), Berlin (2014) and Pretoria (2016). In 2017, CSERC will be collocated with the International Conference on Informatics in Schools (ISSEP).
Papers presented at CSERC will normally address aspects of computing education, that is, the education of students who are studying computer science, computer engineering, software engineering, information systems and other related areas. CSERC 2017 will accept paper submissions within the domain of computing education, papers might cover
- specific educational subject matter, such as programming, database systems, or computer security
- specific groups of students, such as first years, masters students, women, minorities, etc.
- broader topics, such as curriculum, group-work, or class infrastructure
Types of paper accepted might include
- experience reports describing a classroom innovation and an assessment of its impact
- software reports describing tools developed for learning or assessment in computing
- research reports describing projects undertaken to investigate aspects of computing education
Preparing and Submitting Manuscripts
- Full papers are limited up to 12 pages.
- Short papers are limited to 6 pages.
- Templates for submissions can be found at the ACM SIG Proceedings website. Papers can be submitted using Easychair: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=cserc2017
- Documents proposed for conference presentation should be high quality, unpublished, original work and submitted on-line.
- The official language of the conference is English.
- Papers submitted for presentation at the conference are reviewed by the program committee.
- Authors of papers presented at the conference will produce a final version of the paper, which takes into account the discussions that were held during the conference.
The final versions of the papers accepted for presentation at CSERC 2017 will be published in the ACM Digital library.
At least one co-author of every accepted paper must register for the event and present the paper.
The conference will be hosted at the University of Helsinki, Finland. The University of Helsinki is the oldest and largest institution of academic education in Finland, an international scientific community of 40,000 students and researchers. In international university rankings, the University of Helsinki typically ranks among the top 100. The University of Helsinki seeks solutions for global challenges and creates new ways of thinking for the best of humanity. Through the power of science, the University has contributed to society, education and welfare since 1640.
University of Pretoria, South Africa,
Department of Computer Science
Michail N. Giannakos,
Norwegian University of Science and Technology
Department of Computer Science
Marko van Eekelen,
Open University in the Netherlands, Department of Computer Science
& Radboud University, Institute for Computing and Information Sciences
IMPORTANT DUE DATES
Paper Submission deadline: Sunday 3rd of September 2017
Notification of paper acceptance: Friday 1st of October 2017
Conference: 13 – 15 Nov 2017
Submission of paper final versions: Monday 11th of December 2017