Interdisciplinary conference abstracts: political science/geography, computer science, law
Keynote speaker abstracts
Panel on smart energy
Wednesday 28th November, 14.00 - 15.30h
- Prof. Ralf Martin, Imperial College London
'How to make smart meters smart'
- Prof. Martha Roggenkamp, University of Groningen
'Energy networks, smart cities and the law'
Panel on smart mobility
Wednesday 28th November, 15.45 - 17.45h
- Joschka Bischoff, Technical University, Berlin
'Mobility as a Service (MaaS) in urban and rural areas: The impact of Shared Autonomous Vehicles'
- Prof. Alberto Vanolo, University of Turin
'Auto-automobilities and being a passenger in tomorrow’s smart city'
- Nicolas Woltmann, University of Würzburg
'Do we need ethical and legal boundaries for the development of automated cars?'
Panel on smart cities
Thursday 29th November, 11.00 - 13.00h
- Dr. Evgeny Morozov, Journalist and Author
'A critique of digital capitalism: The smart city in the trap of data extractivism'
- Dr. Martin Dodge, University of Manchester
'The (In)Security of Smart Cities: Vulnerabilities, Risks, Mitigation, and Prevention'
- Dr. Francesca Bria, Chief Technology and Digital Innovation Officer, Barcelona
'Reclaiming the smart city for the citizens: Data sovereignty and encryption as human right'
You can view the programme booklet for the details.