null Save the date: conference 'Corporate Social Responsibility in the Netherlands'
A Dutch perspective: national and international exchange
The conference addresses this question from a Dutch and comparative perspective by discussing recent legislative developments in the Netherlands and how these are influenced by international developments. Also, because the Netherlands hosts a significant number of multinational corporations, its regulatory landscape might in turn have consequences across the globe, as the different cases against Shell prove.
Prof. dr. Nicola Jägers will deliver the key note address in which she will reflect on the Dutch developments against the broader regional and international developments setting the stage for the panel discussions. Policy makers, lawyers, academics and NGOs will offer different perspectives on three topics:
- The implementation of mandatory human rights due diligence
Confirmed speakers: prof. dr. Liesbeth Enneking (professor at Erasmus University of Rotterdam), Simone de Boer (Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs), Manon Wolfkamp (consultant for MVO Platform) and Jindan Mann (PhD candidate at the University of Amsterdam).
- The business-state nexus and institutional incentives
Confirmed speakers: Niels Hazekamp (policy adviser Both Ends), dr. Tom Hamilton (post doc researcher at the University of Amsterdam), Joëlle Trampert (PhD Candidate at the University of Amsterdam).
- The impact of mandatory human rights due diligence on access to remedies
Confirmed speakers: Channa Samkalden (Lawyer at Prakken d’Oliveira), Joris Oldenziel (Dutch NCP), and Nicky Touw (PhD Candidate at the Open University).
The conference will be of interest to both a Dutch and international audience and we invite both academics, and other stakeholders with an interest in the topic to participate.
- The conference takes place on on 12 November 2021 from approximately 10.30 until 16.30h
- Information about the location will follow
- The conference is free to attend and (pre)registration is possible by filling in the registration form.