The IS research group actively participates in two central Open University research themes:
In addition, the IS research group is connected with CAROU (Center of Actionable Research of the Open University), which specifically aims at bridging the gap between science and practice, through education and joint research projects aiming for real solutions to real problems in Information Science and other related fields.
Other relations/affiliations with scientific institutes:
- Katholiek Universiteit Leuven, Afdeling Industrieel Beleid/Verkeer & Infrastructuur, Belgium
- Utrecht University, Department of Information and Computing Sciences
- Utrecht University of Applied science, Digital Smart Services
- Universiteit Utrecht, department for Social and Economic History, Institutions for Collective Action
- RWTH Aachen University, School of Business and Economics, Technology Entrepreneurship (TEN)
- Maastricht University, School of Business and Economics, dep. Organisation, Strategy and Entrepreneurship (OSE)
- Maastricht University, Department of Accounting and Information Management
- The University of Melbourne, Computing and Information Systems, Melbourne School of Engineering.
- National Research University Higher School of Economics, Moscow, Russia
- Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Department of Computer Science
- Radboud University, Social Cultural Research
- NIVEL, Netherlands Institute for Health Services Research
- Department of Informatics of the Ionian University, Corfu, Greece
- Erasmus University, Erasmus School of Accounting and Assurance
- Georgia State University, department of Computer Information Systems
- Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, UGentMIS Research Group.
- Antwerp Management School, Research Group Digital Innovation
- University of Antwerp, Department of Management Information Systems
- Eindhoven University of Technology, department of Industrial Engineering and Innovation Sciences