The faculty of Management offers a part-time PhD programme in management. This programme combines distance learning with periodic inhouse workshops and meetings.
- To offer you education to equip you for a doctoral research at international standards
- To provide guidance to successfully write and defend your Doctoral Dissertation within 4-8 years
- To participate in a dynamic research community.
- Expert academic supervision by your Dissertation Chair, a Full-Professor or Associate Professor
- A PhD programme and a Capita Selecta educational program
- Participation in international research networks
- Access to on-line library facilities and online communities with fellow doctoral candidates.
The programme is a hybrid of traditional and distance learning. Periodic workshops and meetings are organised to promote discussions with fellow students, experts and professors. In addition, (virtual) academic communities are formed with similar teams of professors, experts and fellow students within your special area of interest/expertise. In combination, these two elements enable you to combine your career and attaining your PhD in a successful, pragmatic and rewarding way.
In Phase I, which lasts one year, we offer an intensive education on methods, literature review, academic and other relevant topics writing to equip you for the actual research.
Formulating and writing the research proposal is supervised by your intended promotor(s). This proposal is assessed and based on this assessment, a 'go -no go' decision will be made. In case of a positive outcome the student can proceed with the next phase.
In Phase II (the actual PhD project), which lasts three to five years, conducting the research and writing the dissertation are key, but a number of capita selecta courses will be available as well.